Sunday, February 4, 2007

Book Reading Policy

Since the amount of time required to read a book is some times too much and also I don't want to stop half way, I hv decided to follow a Book selection policy based on some key points.
1.Why do I want to read?(20%)
Answer may be:
A.Curiosity
b.Professional necessity
C.Just chance
D.Some one recommended
2.How/Where it will fit my long term goal?(20%)
A.social goal
B.Technical goal
C.Health Goal
3.Have I read a review?(15%)
A.Yes
B.No
4.How much time per day, and how long will it take?(15%)
E.g; 30 minutes a day and one month
5.How important and urgent it is?(25%)
Scale 1(very)to 5(less).
6.what category it falls?(5%)
Fiction
Non-Fiction
Technical

Based on the above, the total % is calculated:
>75%-start now
40-75%-review again after a week or so
<40%-Drop it

2 comments:

Udayan said...

How about criteria on access to the book which may include price! There are times when I very much wanted to read a book but the price was too steep. There have also been instance when I have picked and read a book because it was available at a rock bottom price.

maccoy said...

Yes , it is true, but when i wrote that, my main area of concern was on time, definitely, price does matter!